Monday, February 4, 2008

Who is Terri Lee?


The second half of Starlight Photography's team is Terri Lee. Here is some information about Terri and her craft:


Photographic Craftsman, 2005
Photographer of the Year, Bronze level, 2005
Professional Photographers of California, Service Award, 2001

My beginnings in the photographic world stemmed from a passion for the fine arts, from a very young age. I have a formal education in Fine Art, primarily oil and watercolor painting. I have spent many hours in local and international museums and galleries, absorbing the styles and visions of both traditional masters and contemporary modern artists. My interests in the fine arts expressed themselves in various media, including oil and watercolor painting, sculpture and multimedia creations. Twelve years were spent, prior to picking up a camera, as a retouch artist, both by hand and with Photoshop. This contributed to a broad understanding of composition, color balance and posing. Having assisted my husband who is wonderful photographer in his own right, for many years, I learned many of the technical requirements of my profession. I have been very fortunate to study with some of the greatest photographers in the nation through my membership with Professional Photographers of America. By the time I began to create my own photographic expressions, I had a clear idea of how and what I wanted to say with my images. I continue to grow and explore ideas, themes and various artistic and political expressions for inspiration in my own work.

Mike and I have been married for 23 years. We have two grown daughters, and one granddaughter. We live in Mission Viejo, California, where we share our home based studio, Starlight Photography, with two dogs, three tortoises and two parakeets.

No comments: